Aidan Moran - Art
The Mug Shot Project
This is part of an on-going project to fully engage audiences to have fun in art galleries and to allow them to become part of the actual exhibition itself.
- The mug shot background (a white board with horizontal lines showing different heights) will be set up in one corner of the gallery.
- Everyone who turns up for the Opening of the show will have an opportunity to pose for a mug shot. All they have to do is invent a humorous or creative crime. I will have my camera set up to take these portraits.
- To pose for a mug shot people simply write their name and crime on a black board and stand in front of the mug shot background.
- Following the Opening the mug shots will be burned onto a DVD and shown on a monitor in the gallery for the remaining duration of the exhibit. This will encourage people to return to the gallery to view themselves and their fellow criminals.
- These photos will then be posted to the official mug shot web site at www.aidanmoran.com where people can share and download their mug shots.
- If you missed the Opening you will still be able to pose for a mug shot using your own camera or mobile phone camera.
- People will be encouraged to email and share their mug shots with their friends, which in turn will increase awareness of the show and for gallery.
New Haven Open Studios CT
Forgot to Laugh Show - Milford CT
DUMBO Arts Festival - Brooklyn New York
Over 250 people came out to have their Mug Shot taken over the two days. To all the photos from the Festival click here
Cultural Passages: Identity Made Visible : Creative Arts Workshop
Mug shot photo published in NY Times promoting the Arts on the Edge Festival
Arts on the Edge
Arts and Ideas Festival : Village of Villages
Any and all contents of www.aidanmoran.com is © Copyright 2010 by Aidan Moran, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without express written consent.